A child-friendly nation that guarantees the rights and protection of all children.
CHILD PROTECTION CENTER will reach out to every child in need and ensure their rights and protection through the Four Cs.
- CONNECT through technology to reach the ‘last mile’.
- CATALYSE systems through active advocacy.
- COLLABORATE through integrated efforts between children, the state, civil society, corporates and community to build a child friendly social order.
- COMMUNICATE to make child protection everybody’s priority.
The Ministry of Women and Child, Government of India, has appointed CHILD PROTECTION CENTER India Foundation (CIF) as the nodal agency for initiating and sustaining CHILD PROTECTION CENTER’s across the nation.
CHILD PROTECTION CENTER SE DOSTI
CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON service is a 24 hour free emergency phone outreach service for children in need of care and protection. CIF undertakes replication of CHILD PROTECTION CENTER, networking and facilitation, training, research and documentation, and Communications and Strategic Initiatives both at the national and international level.
This is a project supported by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development and linking state Governments, NGOs, bilateral /multilateral agencies and corporate sector . CIF is responsible for the establishment of CHILD PROTECTION CENTER across the country. CIF also functions as a national centre for awareness, advocacy and training on issues related to child protection.
What is CHILD PROTECTION CENTER?
CHILD PROTECTION CENTER is India’s first 24-hour, free, emergency phone service for children in need of aid and assistance. Whether you are a concerned adult or a child, you can dial 1098, the toll free number to access our services. We not only respond to the emergency needs of children, but also link them to services for their long-term care and rehabilitation.
CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON
Who does CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON reach out to ?
We work for the protection of the rights of all children in general. But our special focus is on all children in need of care and protection, especially the more vulnerable sections, which include:
- Street children and youth living alone on the streets
- Child labourers working in the unorganised and organized sectors
- Domestic help, especially girl domestics
- Children affected by physical / sexual / emotional abuse in family, schools or institutions.
- Children who need emotional support and guidance
- Children of commercial sex workers
- Child victims of the flesh trade
- Victims of child trafficking
- Children abandoned by parents or guardians
- Missing children
- Run away children
- Children who are victims of substance abuse
- Differently-abled children
- Children in conflict with the law
- Children in institutions
- Mentally challenged children
- HIV/ AIDS infected children
- Children affected by conflict and disaster
- Child political refugees
- Children whose families are in crises
Who does CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON help?
CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON reaches out to children from 0-18 years and in extreme emergencies to young adults up to the age of 25.
CHILD PROTECTION CENTER OUTREACH
How does CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON reach the child in need & what happens to the child thereafter ?
After a child/concerned adult dials 1098, a CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON member who depending on the nature of the call, provides appropriate assistance. It may vary from counselling over the phone for emotional support and guidance, information and referral to services for the caller, to information about CHILD PROTECTION CENTER.
In the case of an emergency it may require reaching out to the child immediately. A CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON team then rushes to the child within 60minutes of the call and appropriate help is provided. This may range from taking the child to a shelter/hospital, protection from abuse, repatriation to intensive counselling etc.
After the emergency needs of the child have been addressed, CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON explores options with the child to study, learn a trade, go back home etc. Based on the decision of the child, CHILD PROTECTION CENTER GURGAON links the child to an appropriate organisation in the city.